The air is starting to warm, rain is returning & flowers are abundant. The days are so blissfully perfect for whiling away. So why not throw a linen tablecloth over a table in your garden, gather your friends & enjoy a long sun-soaked lunch.
Products in image:
From Canvas & Sasson: Lune Yard Votives, Oahu Napkin Set
From Pottery Barn: Antique Silver cutlery, Willow Charger, Cambria Salad Plate (Celadon) & Scarlett Dinner Plate
Flowers by Georgianna Lane
Menu Serves 2
Fennel-Baked Side of Salmon (adapted from Donna Hays “Seasons”)
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C.
- Trim the fronds from the fennel & set aside. Cut the fennel bulbs in half, then cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Remove skin & cut the onions into quarters.
- Spread the fennel & red onion over a shallow ovenproof dish. Drizzle with olive oil, then bake for 20 mins.
- Nestle the salmon among the veg, sprinkle with lemon juice, then bake for an additional 8-10 mins.
- Chop the fennel fronds roughly, then mix with the parsley and lemon zest. Scatter the fennel frond/ parsley mix over the fish, add salt & pepper to taste & service with sourdough.
Pear & Goats Cheese Salad
- 1⁄4cup pecans
- 3 -4 cups rocket
- 4 batlett pears
- 50 g goats cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small skillet, dry roast pecans over medium heat for 2 to 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, place rocket in a large serving plate.
- Thinly slice pears removing core as you go and toss through the rocket.
- Break apart cheese, dropping pieces onto the rocket.
- Sprinkle pecans over salad.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl; add honey, whisking until dissolved.
- Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Drizzle evenly over salad; sprinkle with any remaining pecans.
Sweetened Greek Yogurt with Simple Berry Coulis
- 200g Chobani greek yoghurt
- 3 tsp of local honey
- 2 & a 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Mint leaves to taste
- Mix berries with cinnamon & microwave berries until they are warm and slightly reduced.
- Place berries in a glass and top with yogurt.
- Drizzle honey over the yoghurt & top with mint leaves.
- Indulge to your hearts content.